- 42% of American adults have wills but only 8% include a charitable bequest.
- The most common reasons among high net worth Americans for adding a charitable provision to their wills is to avoid estate and gift taxes and to leave a charitable legacy.
- Bill Gates and Warren Buffett recently challenged the nation's billionaires to leave half of their net worth to charity. If the billionaires were to follow suit, it would amount to $600 billion in charitable giving.
- More than 350 people have pledged to leave a bequest to The Minneapolis Foundation.
- The Minneapolis Foundation has established Legacy Funds to assist individuals at all financial levels pool their resources with others and support causes they care about well beyond their lifetimes.
For sources of the above facts please email or call us at (612) 672-3853.