- More than 1.2 million children, age birth to 17, live in Minnesota.
- According to one study, every dollar invested in mentorship programs returns almost two dollars in public cost savings and increased tax revenue.
- According to another study, children who participated in preschool programs went on to earn, on average, $20,000 more annually than their peers.
- The Minneapolis Foundation's donor advised funds contributed more than $3.4 million to organizations working with children and youth last year.
- 11% of children in Minnesota are living in poverty.
For the fact sources please email us or call (612) 672-3853. For more facts about our community visit MN Compass or Wilder Foundation.
Please note that not all activities and issues featured are eligible for funding through our Community Grantmaking program. For more information visit our grant guidelines.