- According to JOBS NOW Coalition, the cost of meeting the basic needs of a family of four is approximately $58,000. In a family of two wage earners, that means each would need to earn at least $14.03 per hour.
- 39% of the jobs in Minnesota pay less than $14.03 per hour.
- The unemployment rate for the metro area is 6.5% compared to a national rate of 9.5% and the city of Minneapolis is even lower at 6.3%.
- In 2009, about 75% of Minnesotans were employed compared to 67% in the U.S overall.
- The "Employment Gap" examines the difference in the percentage of working-age adults by race. Among U.S metropolitan areas, the Twin Cities has one of the highest overall rates of adults working.
For the fact sources please email us or call (612) 672-3853. For more facts about our community visit MN Compass or Wilder Foundation. Please note that not all activities and issues featured are eligible for funding through our Community Grantmaking program. For more information visit our grant guidelines.