- Minnesota has more than 12,000 lakes and 92,000 miles of rivers.
- Four of the five warmest years on record have occurred in the last ten years.
- Minnesota generates 9.4% of its electricity from the wind, the second most of any state.
- Minneapolis Foundation donors have contributed an average of $1 million a year to the environment.
- Minnesota’s state parks hosted more than 8.3 million visitors in 2008.
For the fact sources please email us or call (612) 672-3853. For more facts about our community visit MN Compass or Wilder Foundation.
Please note that not all activities and issues featured are eligible for funding through our Community Grantmaking program. For more information visit our grant guidelines.