- Minnesota was ranked as the sixth healthiest state in 2009 by America’s Health Rankings, down from third in 2008.
- Infant mortality rates among African Americans and Native Americans in Minnesota are nearly twice that of whites, Hispanics, and Asian Americans.
- The increase of obesity rate has become a national public health issue. About 1 in 4 adults in our state was obese in 2009 compare to 1 in 6 in 1995.
- Minnesota exhibited the lowest overall rate of diabetes among the 50 states and District of Columbia.
- The number of Minnesotans without health insurance increased from 374,000 to 480,000 between 2007 and 2009.
For the fact sources please email us or call (612) 672-3853. For more facts about our community visit MN Compass or Wilder Foundation.
Please note that not all activities and issues featured are eligible for funding through our Community Grantmaking program. For more information visit our grant guidelines.