- Minneapolis Foundation’s donors contributed more than $3.7 million to housing and human services organizations last year.
- In Minnesota, 52% of homeless children were age of 5 or younger, 33% were age 6-12 and 16% were 13-17.
- According to the Jobs Now Coalition, the cost of meeting the basic needs of a family of four is approximately $58,000. In a family of two wage earners, that means each would need to earn at least $14.03 per hour.
- 39% of the jobs in Minnesota pay less than $14.03 per hour.
- 20% of homeless adults in Minnesota in 2009 worked part- or full-time.
- 51% of families using food shelves are working but cannot make ends meet.
For the fact sources please email us or call (612) 672-3853. For more facts about our community visit MN Compass or Wilder Foundation.
Please note that not all activities and issues featured are eligible for funding through our Community Grantmaking program. For more information visit our grant guidelines.