Ways to Help
the People of Ukraine
With the Russian invasion of Ukraine continuing to evolve, our team here at the Minneapolis Foundation has put together a list of organizations for those looking to give or take action in support of Ukraine. According to the Center for Disaster Philanthropy, the scale and urgency of humanitarian needs will continue to increase. Hundreds of thousands of people are fleeing the country or leaving areas that have been bombed or are at risk of further conflict. As a result, the United Nations has issued a $1.7 billion flash appeal to support needs in Ukraine as well as countries receiving refugees.
Six Places to Give
These are organizations that have set up funds in support of Ukraine.
- GlobalGiving – Ukraine Crisis Relief Fund
- Donations to this fund will support Ukrainians in need, with a focus on the most vulnerable, including children.
- CARE – Ukrainian Crisis Fund
- Donations support CARE’s Ukraine Crisis Fund with immediate aid and recovery, food, water, hygiene kits, psychosocial support, and cash assistance — prioritizing women and girls, families, and the elderly.
- Nova Ukraine– Victims of Russian War
- Nova organizes fundraisers, meetings with famous Ukrainians, and round table discussions and other cultural events focused on Ukraine and Ukrainian culture.
- World Central Kitchen
- WCK began serving hot, nourishing meals within hours of the initial invasion and is now set up at multiple border crossings across the country. Additionally, WCK in supporting local restaurants preparing meals.
- Razom for Ukraine
- Razom is responding by providing critical medical supplies and amplifying the voices of Ukrainians.
- UNICEF – Designate to Children in Ukraine
- UNICEF supports health, nutrition, HIV prevention, education, safe drinking water, sanitation, and protection for children and families caught in the conflict in Ukraine.
Other Ways That You Can Help
If you are looking to dig deeper into other ways that you can help the Ukrainian people, here’s a more extensive list of funds and organizations.
Families and Children
Tips on Disaster Giving
The Center for Disaster Philanthropy has created this list of suggestions for people to consider related to disaster giving.