Family Philanthropy Resource Center
Leo Tolstoy once said, “Without knowing what I am and why I am here, life is impossible.” The same argument could be made for philanthropy. That’s why The Minneapolis Foundation launched the Family Philanthropy Resource Center. “Family” can have a lot of different meanings. Whatever it means to you, our trained facilitators are here to work with your family to bring clarity, focus, passion and strategy to your giving.
It’s meaningful work that we have been doing for decades. And we’ve been doing it with great success. That’s why we want to expand our reach and bring this eye-opening experience to more donors, regardless of where you are on your philanthropic journey. Whether you are an individual, couple, multi-generational family or family foundation, we look forward to helping you achieve your charitable goals.
BABY BOOMER TESTED, GEN X APPROVED
At the Family Philanthropy Resource Center, we are generation agnostic. In fact, we have designed our services to appeal and resonate with all generations. Partner with us to:
- Create a values statement to guide your charitable decisions
- Define your short-term and long-term charitable goals
- Determine a family budget for charitable gifts
- Define roles and responsibilities within your family or giving circle
- Create an action plan that keeps you and your partners in philanthropy accountable
- Manage complex family dynamics to achieve meaningful family philanthropy
- Move from reactive to proactive giving
Our flexible, hands-on approach allows you to tailor a plan that works for your family. We focus on four key areas of charitable giving:
- Who would you like to join you at your giving table?
- Why do you give?
- What are your charitable goals?
- How do you want to make an impact?
Take a peek! Next time your family gets together, don’t be shy; test out the conversation starters below: