About Community Grants
The Minneapolis Foundation is accepting applications for community grants to support work that will help advance our goals in the areas of Civic Engagement and Economic Vitality. The deadline to apply for these grants is Monday, October 15, 2018 at noon Central.
Our community grants provide two types of support:
- General Operating Support: These grants support the core operations of nonprofit organizations with missions and activities that are highly aligned with the key drivers and results in our focus areas.
- Project Support: These grants support specific projects or programs that are highly aligned with the key drivers and results in our focus areas. These include programs that meet community needs, as well as activities that will enhance the nonprofit’s ability to achieve its mission, increase the scale of its operations, and deliver services more effectively.
Community grants are awarded annually through a competitive process. On occasion, we offer special funding opportunities such as issue-specific Requests for Proposals (RFPs).
Before you apply, please review information about our grantmaking in the areas of Civic Engagement and Economic Vitality. You can also contact one of our Directors of Strategic Impact who will be happy to discuss your ideas before you apply.
We will accept applications from organizations and programs that:
- Primarily serve Minneapolis residents
- Primarily serve people of color, Indigenous people, immigrants, ex-offenders and other historically marginalized communities.
- Have tax-exempt status including 501(c)(3) or 501(c)(4); or operate under the fiscal sponsorship of a tax-exempt nonprofit.
Additionally, an eligible organization must be operated and organized in a way that does not discriminate in the hiring of staff or provision of services on the basis of race, religion, gender or gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin or disability.
How to Apply
If you are a first-time applicant, you will first need to click here to register online through Grantee View. Once you’ve registered, or if you a previous applicant, simply log in to GranteeView to begin your application. The application deadline is Monday, October 15, 2018 at noon Central.
If you need technical assistance at any point during the application process, please contact our Grants Administration team at 612-672-8665, or email email@example.com.