Pop-up Giving Circle
The Minneapolis Foundation is amplifying its efforts to democratize philanthropy and promote collective giving. This is why we are starting this work with a focus on launching giving circles. We want you to be a part of this community-led approach!
Join us for a short, interactive giving experience that enables community members to select a grantee and make a collective gift in less than two hours. During this virtual session, you’ll get a taste of the connection and conversation that comes with being a giving circle member. We’ll hear from Owen Duckworth, Director of Organizing and Policy at The Alliance, who will break down some of the root causes of our region’s affordable housing challenges and promising strategies to address them.
AT THIS EVENT, PARTICIPANTS WILL:
- Hear from our Chief Impact Officer Chanda Smith Baker about how giving circles help democratize philanthropy.
- Meet fellow participants and explore how to be a changemaker.
- Learn about organizations addressing affordable housing.
- Select a grantee and pool their resources to make a collective gift.
Please come prepared to make a personally meaningful donation as part of this collective experience. We hope that you enjoy the pop-up and leave as a:
- Founder who would like to start their own giving circle hosted by the Minneapolis Foundation.
- Member who would be interested in joining an existing circle.
- Advocate for democratizing philanthropy who would support a circle socially and/or financially.
Register here to join us for this virtual experience. Feel free to share this invite with anyone that may be interested.
LEARN MORE ABOUT GIVING CIRCLES:
- What is a giving circle?
- Giving Circle Spotlight: I Be Black Girl (5 min video)
- Giving Circle Spotlight: Latina Giving Circle Peninsula (2 min video)
- Giving Circle Spotlight: BMPP Asian American families share why they joined the Giving Circle (5 min video)
- Giving Circle Spotlight: The Women’s giving circle of Howard County
FOR MORE INFORMATION, CONTACT: