Current Funding Opportunities
REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS
West Bank Community Fund Grants
The West Bank Community Fund of The Minneapolis Foundation offers grants to organizations that are working to serve the needs of residents living in the West Bank area of Minneapolis, defined as ZIP Code 55454 or the triangle of land bounded by Interstate 94, the Mississippi River, and 35W.
The primary objective of the request should be: 1) to recognize the diverse cultures of residents and improve social connections across cultures and generations, or 2) to encourage residents to engage in community-based and policy issues that are important to them.
Funding priority is given to applications that focus on:
- Partnerships and collaborations that bridge barriers among West Bank residents, particularly those that close gaps in access to public services and support
- Projects that are designed to empower African youth and their families, and immigrant elders
- Partnerships and collaborations that will build on community assets and expand opportunities for West Bank residents to fully participate in the arts, culture, businesses, and overall society
To be eligible for funding, applicants must be 501(c)(3) organizations or government entities. In addition, they must be located in the 55454 ZIP code or demonstrate that they provide services that benefit residents of the West Bank.
Collaborative grant proposals may request up to $5,000. Individual projects may request up to $3,500.
The deadline for applications is Friday, June 8, 2018 at noon.
Proposals submitted after 12:00 p.m. will not be accepted.
HOW TO APPLY
All applications must be submitted online.
Proposals must include:
Annual operating budget
Board of Directors list
IRS determination letter
List of other funders
Current financial report (audit)
WE WILL NOT FUND
- Capital requests
- Organizational deficits
- One-time or annual events
- If you are a previous grant recipient, you must submit all required reports before May 30 to be eligible for funding.
- All applicants must demonstrate at least one other funding source for their proposals.
- Up to six grants may be approved, depending on the amount of requests received and approved.
For more information about this grant opportunity, please contact:
Jo-Anne E. Stately
Director of Impact Strategy – Economic Vitality