WCA Foundation Awards $326,500 in Grants
The WCA Foundation, a Signature Fund of the Minneapolis Foundation, has awarded $326,500 in grants to 15 nonprofit organizations in the Minneapolis-St. Paul metro area.
“These awards will support a diverse array of organizations that provide important services to women, from health care to education,” said Susan Carter, Executive Director of the WCA Foundation. “They also mark the successful completion of our first grant round since joining forces with the Minneapolis Foundation, a partnership that is already enabling us to increase our investments and make a greater impact in this community.”
Here’s the complete list of organizations that will receive the grants announced today:
- $20,000 for the organization’s Lethality Assessment Program
American Indian OIC
- $20,000 for Takoda scholarships for women
- $10,000 for the Women’s Emergency Financial Assistance Program
- $23,000 for a writing program for female inmates
Cornerstone Advocacy Service
- $27,000 for general operating support
Dress for Success Twin Cities
- $30,000 for general operating support
Hope Chest for Breast Cancer Foundation
- $10,000 for Hope Chest Go!
Illusion Theater and School
- $17,500 for the Ogitchidakwe: Breaking the Pattern of Abuse Program
- $30,000 for a program that disrupts the cycle of poverty for single mothers
- $19,000 for a program that provides comprehensive doula care for justice-involved women in Minnesota
Page Education Foundation
- $15,000 for WCA Foundation Female Scholars
- $27,000 for a program that provides chemical and mental health services for women
Planned Parenthood of Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota
- $25,000 for the Promotoras De Salud Program
- $30,000 for a program that provides gender-specific outpatient treatment for women
Wallin Education Partners
- $23,000 for a WCA Female Scholar
The WCA Foundation, which stewards an endowment of approximately $18 million, is guided by volunteers, all women, with a current active membership of about 50 individuals who are responsible for investigating grant requests and making award recommendations to the foundation’s board.
The WCA Foundation’s next grant round is scheduled to open in the spring of 2021.