West Bank Community Fund Grants
The West Bank Community Fund of the Minneapolis Foundation offers grants to organizations working to serve the needs of residents living in the West Bank area of Minneapolis, which falls in ZIP code 55454 or the triangle of land bounded by Interstate 94, the Mississippi River, and Interstate 35W.
The primary objective of proposals for these grants should be to: 1) Recognize the diverse cultures of West Bank residents and improve social connections across cultures and generations; and 2) Encourage West Bank residents to engage in community-based and policy issues that are important to them.
Funding priority is given to applications that focus on:
- Partnerships and collaborations that bridge barriers among West Bank residents, especially efforts to close gaps in access to public services and support.
- Projects that are designed to empower African youth and their families, and immigrant elders.
- Partnerships and collaborations that build on community assets and expand opportunities for full participation of West Bank participants in the arts, culture, the local business community, and society at large.
Applicants with collaborative proposals may request up to $5,000. Individual projects may request up to $3,500. We anticipate awarding up to 6 grants, depending on the amount of requests received and approved. Grants are expected to be short-term in nature and completed within 12 months.
How to apply:
We will begin accepting applications on May 13, 2021. Applications must be submitted online via the Minneapolis Foundation’s online portal. We recommend downloading this preview document, which will help you prepare to apply online. Once the application portal opens, we encourage you to log in to ensure that you have access and that your organization’s contact information is current. The deadline to apply is 4 p.m. on June 10, 2021.
All proposals should include these required documents: Proposal Application, Project Budget, Annual Operating Budget, Board of Directors List, IRS Determination Letter, List of Other Funders, and Current Financial Report (Audit). Apply now >>
WE WILL NOT FUND
- Capital requests
- Organizational deficits
- One-time or annual events
To be eligible for funding, your organization must be…
- A 501(c)(3) nonprofit.
- Located in the 55454 ZIP code or be able to demonstrate that you provide services benefiting residents of the West Bank.
- Able to demonstrate in-kind support or other operating dollars for this request.
- Up to date with the reporting requirements of any previous grants you have received from the Minneapolis Foundation.
For more information about this funding opportunity, please contact:
Jo-Anne E. Stately
Director of Impact Strategy – Economic Vitality